THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL-This class has reached its capacity and is not currently available. You may add yourself to the waiting list for this item by registering. If the item becomes available, it will be assigned to those on the waiting list on a first-in / first-out basis. If you are placed in this class, you will receive a notification e mail and will need to contact us to confirm your seat.
Expand your stone-setting skills with cutting-edge techniques for prong-setting and bead-setting gemstones. Taught by Blaine Lewis, renowned jeweler and founder of New Approach School for Jewelers, this class offers lots of clear and up-close instruction and plenty of time to practice.
In the three days of hands-on work in this class, you'll learn concepts and techniques that have been described by Blaine's students as nothing short of transformational.
Precision bearing-cutting is impossible without expert flex shaft control, and Blaine teaches simple tricks that dramatically improve tool control when using burs, gravers and more. Learn to set gemstones like a pro, and use Blaine's TrendSetter™ wheel, an innovation that allows you to practice setting stones one after the other without having to stop and set up an individual mounting for each stone—though, naturally, you'll get the chance to do that, too.
Here's what you'll learn in this three-day class!
NOTE: We provide all the tools and equipment for use in the workshop.
• Advanced bearing-cutting procedures.
• Setting shared prongs.
• Setting 'claw' prongs and other expert prong styles.
• All about burs and gravers (the missing link to true advancement) and how to properly use them.
• Cutting-edge advancements in bead-setting that are the foundations for pavé and micro-pavé.
What you'll take home with you:
• The pieces you set in class.
• A wealth of knowledge and the spark to take your jewelry making and stone setting in new and exciting directions.