July 27-28, 2020; 9am–4:30pm
Canceled, but we'll be back!
THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL-This class has reached its capacity and is not currently available. You may add yourself to the waiting list for this item by registering.
If the item becomes available, it will be assigned to those on the waiting list on a first-in / first-out basis.
After this class, you may well be asking: "Is there anything a Bonny Doon press CAN'T do?" And the answer is: "Very little!" Not only does the press make forming tasks easier, it allows you to make designs you couldn’t make any other way! There's no limit to what you can do with metal on a Bonny Doon press!
In this two-day class, you'll learn hydraulic die-forming, a process empowering the artist with 20 tons of strength, increased productivity and the potential to create in ways other methods cannot.
Here's what you'll learn in this two-day class (NOTE: We provide all the tools and equipment for use in the workshop):
- How to use the hydraulic press safely and correctly in your own shop.
- How to design and make your own silhouette dies, while also learning how to use the Silhouette Die Kit and all the tips and tricks for success!
- How to effortlessly form bracelets and rings on the press! Works great to form all designs, even with very thick metal, delicate piercings, and complex overlays.
- Form Cuff Bracelets, Bangle Bracelets, Synclastic, Anticlastic, and More!
- 'Appropriate engineering' and 'appropriate designing' principles, so that you can use the simplest and most effective techniques to get the desired finished piece.
- How to add texture to metal through embossing and roller printing, and then add volume and form with daps, mushroom formers, silhouette dies and more.
What you'll take home with you:
- The pieces you create in class.
- A wealth of knowledge and the spark to take your jewelry making and metal forming in new and exciting directions.
- A deeper understanding of the hydraulic press process and how it can benefit your creative process and your business!
This class is a prerequisite to taking the Intermediate Hydraulic forming class which will take your skills to the next level.