Learn from Jason Stinchfield how to make incredibly beautiful and detailed rings from minted coins using innovative tools and techniques he devised.
Jason Stinchfield teaches the techniques he developed and shows you how to apply them to cut, fold, shape and size rings from minted coins, while preserving the depth and detail of the coin both outside and inside the finished ring. Virtually any coin can be made into a ring, so the possibilities are almost endless. With these techniques, you can also make seamless rings using tooling such as Bonny Doon pattern plates, Durston rolling mills and a variety of metals including mokume gane.
Here's what you'll learn in this three-day class! NOTE: We provide all the tools and equipment for use in the class, including four coins to use for making rings.
• Learn where and how to choose your coins (four coins are provided, but feel free to bring additional coins if you like).
• Discover the aspects of custom orders you may receive when making a ring from coins supplied by you or your customer.
• Learn the concepts of seamless ring construction and the advantages of these techniques.
• Discover new possibilities for increasing your jewelry making portfolio:
– annealing techniques
– patina techniques
– basic and advanced techniques for coin ring/seamless ring-making using innovative tools.
What you'll take home with you:
• The pieces you make in class.
• A wealth of knowledge and ideas.
• The spark to expand your jewelry-making skills into new and intriguing areas.