THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL-This class has reached its capacity and is not currently available. You may add yourself to the waiting list for this item by registering. If the item becomes available, it will be assigned to those on the waiting list on a first-in / first-out basis. If you are placed in this class, you will receive a notification e mail.
We’ve taken our two most popular stone-setting classes, Basic and Intermediate, and combined them into a week-long intensive course that takes you through a steady progression from Bezel setting to Bead setting.
Level: This class is perfect for those with beginner (or none) setting skills and those with intermediate skills that want to take them to the next level.
Prerequisites: Those wanting to take this class should have a good set of flex-shaft skills in order to get the most out of the class. Flex-shaft skills include the ability to control the handpiece and burs with good precision
Here's what you'll learn in this 5 day intensive class:
NOTE: We provide all the tools and equipment for use in the class.
• Techniques covered include:
• Jump right in on the first day as you learn how to effectively set up your bench and hear all about the various tools you'll be using. Discuss which type of optics/magnification are the best to use.
• Learn the basics of how stone setting works so that you can go back to your studio and continue to practice, practice, practice.
• Learn how to properly hold and use a flex shaft for ultimate control while setting stones.
• While using stone-setting burs, learn how to properly cut seats, both deep and shallow, and how to precisely fit stones into the various types of settings.
• Using various techniques and tools, you will set CZs into brass and silver to make practice pieces.
What you'll take home with you:
• The pieces you make in class.
• A wealth of knowledge and the spark to take your jewelry making and stone setting in new and exciting directions. After this class, It’s time to take it all home and practice, practice, practice.