Midas® 24K yellow gold plating solution provides a pure, rich gold color. A richer color is achieved by using a higher voltage or by slightly increasing the temperature of the solution. Agitation is desirable to achieve a more uniform color.
This solution is a concentrate. Mix the entire contents of the bottle with one pint of distilled or deionized water to make one quart of solution.
1. Thoroughly clean your workpiece with electrocleaner and an acid dip before immersing it into plating solution.
2. Pour the amount of solution needed into a Pyrex® or stainless steel beaker.
3. Heat solution to 150°F. Do not exceed 160°F.
4. Attach a stainless steel anode to the positive (+) lead and immerse in solution. If a stainless steel beaker is used, attach positive lead to lip of beaker.
5. Turn on rectifier and operate at 3 to 4 volts.
6. Attach handling wire to the negative (–) lead, immerse workpiece and agitate.
7. Time in solution: 10 to 30 seconds or until desired coverage is achieved.
8. Water rinse, acid dip and water rinse again.
9. When the plating job is completed, the solution in the beaker can be returned to the storage bottle if it has not been contaminated.