Midas® ruthenium may be plated directly over gold, platinum, silver or freshly plated nickel.
Midas® ruthenium plating solution comes full-strength and ready to use. Use with a platinized titanium anode.
1. Thoroughly clean your workpiece with electrocleaner and an acid dip before immersing it into plating solution.
2. Pour solution into Pyrex® beaker.
3. Heat solution to 140°F–150°F.
4. Attach a platinized titanium anode to the positive (+) lead and immerse in solution.
5. Set rectifier at 3 volts; range 2–4 volts.
6. Attach workpiece to the negative (-) lead and immerse and agitate mildly.
7. Time in solution is about 1 minute.
8. Rinse well and dry.
9. When the plating job is completed, solution in the beaker can be returned to storage bottle.