Effective and professional results from your tumbling processes depends on knowing how to properly load your barrel for the best result. Follow these steps to achieve the best finish and most cost-effective process for your jewelry pieces using your rotary tumbler.
1. Set the barrel on end and remove the lid.
2. Add 3 pounds of steel media to the barrel.
3. Add your workpieces; using 1 part workpieces to 4 parts media, by volume.
4. Add your compound solution to the barrel, filling the barrel to about 1/2" above the level of the media. (Follow instructions on the label of the compound you're using to mixing the solution properly.)
5. Secure the lid onto the barrel.
6. Position the barrel the between roller guides and start tumbling.