Manufactured exclusively for Rio in the USA by Swanstrom, this set includes high-quality dies that produce oval stampings. All parts are made of hardened and tempered, shock-resistant tool steel with precision-ground surfaces. The spring-loaded die plate allows you to easily open and close according to the thickness of the metal being punched.
This cutter delivers clean, consistent cuts over years of use, reducing the amount of time you spend on finishing and the amount of metal that is wasted. Buy a Swanstrom cutter once and rest assured it will give you high-quality cuts for years to come.
This cutter set is designed for soft, non-ferrous metals up to 20 ga. (.81mm) when using a hammer and up to 16 ga. (1.29mm) when using a Bonny Doon hydraulic press. Use a urethane square (1/16" thick, 95 durometer; not included) under the cutters as a support as you cut; the urethane absorbs the energy of the hammer blow, protecting the cutters and the work surface and ensuring a clean, sharp cut. IMPORTANT: Always position a shim of the same thickness of the material being cut directly across from that material to keep the plates balanced and ensure a perfectly perpendicular cut.
• Protect the surfaces of your punches by using only brass-head mallets to strike them when cutting.
• Always use BurLife® on the cutting edges of your punches to keep them cutting cleanly and efficiently for years to come.
• one two-plate cutter block (3" x 5" x 1-1/16")
• four dies (each is 2" tall):
— 1/2" x 23/32" (13 x 18mm)
— 5/8" x 13/16" (16 x 21mm)
— 3/4" x 15/16" (19 x 24mm)
— 7/8" x 1-3/16" (22 x 30mm)
• one Allen wrench.
• a strong rubber base (6" x 6" x 1/2") that conveniently holds the cutter and dies.