The brainchild of Brenda Schweder, avid 'wrangler' of steel wire, the Now That's a Jig!™ (NTaJ!™) wire-wrapping system and its innovative components put your creative energy back where it belongs—and where it's far more fun! No more wrangling your jig as you 'wrangle' your wire--the jig sits tight and stays put.
This NTaJ!™ StartrKit™ features a roomy, anodized aluminum jig bed with rubber feet and a heavy-gauge steel bracket that secures it to your bench top or work surface (up to 2" thick). The jig bed is machined with 451 holes (1/4" apart, center to center), each precision-tapped to accept the threaded NTaJ! pegs. Once you've secured the pegs in the pattern you want (using the ScrewDrivr™ provided), the system keeps your wrapped wire in place as you work, easily holding up to the tension created by 'push-me, pull you' designing. Sturdy pegs and the stay-put features handle steel wire up to 16 gauge as well as every other wire you can think of. Use a dry-erase marker to plot out your design right on the aluminum jig, if you like, then simply wipe the bed clean, ready to start again.
• Easy on your hands—because you're not having to struggle to hold the jig steady or to keep the wire in place.
• Ideal for all metal types—whether you work with precious metals such as sterling, gold or platinum, or base metals such as brass, bronze or copper, or soft metals such as silver or niobium, or hard metals such as titanium or stainless steel, this system will handle them all.
• Conceived, created and manufactured in the USA (okay, yes, a little bit of proud flag-waving).
2016-2017 Tools and Equipment Catalog p.783
• Anodized aluminum jig bed, 5-1/2"W x 6"D x 3/8"H.
• Support bracket with hardware.
• 16-piece round peg starter mix (six 1/8"L, four 1/4"L, four 1/2"L and two 3/4"L ) and NTaJ! ScrewDrivr™.
• StartrMemo™ quick-start guide written by designer Brenda Schweder.
Using the SwiveLok and Accessories for the Now That's a Jig! System
Learn from the inventor, Brenda Schweder, how to use the SwiveLok accessories with your Now That's a Jig tool in this video from Rio Grande.
Making 'New Miami Earrings' with Now That's A Jig
Learn how to create the 'New Miami Earrings' designed by Brenda Schweder using her Now That's A Jig™ wire-wrapping system in this video from Rio Grande.
Making 'Triple Happiness Bangles' with the Now That's a Jig!
Learn how to create the 'Triple Happiness Bangles' with Brenda Schweder using her Now That's A Jig™ wire-wrapping system in this video from Rio Grande.
As a wholesale supplier to jewelers and other industry professionals, Rio Grande wants to avoid presenting wholesale pricing to retail consumers. In addition, the U.S. Patriot Act requires all suppliers of precious metals to maintain full contact information for all of its customers.
Please be aware that we vigilantly protect your account information—it will never be shared or sold to any third party for any reason, ever.
The benefits of having a dedicated account with us include:
See current pricing on all products based on published daily metal markets.
Access and print your order history and invoices any time you need them.
Create and update a 'wish' list of products you have selected but are not yet ready to purchase.
Manage and update your account information, including contact and payment information, at your convenience.