For a fraction of the cost of any comparable machine, the Neutec® J-2R delivers superior castings and greater production capacity. Manufactured using the best components available, this exceptional machine combines advanced technology with practical design to give you the casting capability you need today and well into the future. The J-2R is absolutely the easiest casting system to set up, use and maintain, and it delivers quality castings and outstanding operational reliability. You can be ready to cast again 6–8 minutes after each pour, keeping your production moving all day long.
The J-2R provides an oxygen-free atmosphere for the metal during melting and pouring to help eliminate oxidation. The large-volume graphite crucible also removes oxygen that may previously have been dissolved in the metal. This means fewer defects and lower reject rates. Cast at the optimum temperature for any design without overheating the metal. The J-2R measures the metal temperature in the center of the metal pool, giving you accurate casting temperatures.
The crucible is a bottom-pour design, so there is very little drop in metal temperature from crucible to flask. After initial warm-up, the casting cycle time of the J-2R is a fast 6–8 minutes, depending on load size. The large-volume crucible holds 1,004g of 14KY or 780g of sterling. The casting chamber accommodates flask sizes from 2-1/2" to 4" in diameter and up to 9" high. Simple to install and operate in only three square feet of bench space, the J-2R requires only that you set the temperature controller for the desired casting temperature, add the casting grain to the crucible, insert the flask and (when set temperature is reached) squeeze the casting lever.
The exclusive Neutec® technology engineered into this machine gives it the time- and money-saving benefits you've come to expect from Neutec.
The benefits it delivers include:
• Easy installation and simple operation.
• More oxide-free, defect-free castings thanks to an advanced technology graphite crucible system that helps remove oxides from the metal, an oxygen-free atmosphere in both crucible and flask chambers.
• Dependable, repeatable results from precise temperature control.
• Interlocking consumables that protect the coil from metal spills
• Long-life coil design
• Fast, 6- to 8-minute cycle times.
• Roomy flask chamber accommodates flasks from 2-1/2" to 4" in diameter and up to 9" high. It swivels completely out from under the crucible chamber, making it easy to insert or remove flasks or to service the machine.
• 60mm graphite crucible helps remove oxide contamination that can cause inclusions. It easily accommodates enough metal for large flasks yet also melts small loads efficiently.
• Built-in stirring rod ensures a homogeneous melt without having to open the unit. Temperature is maintained and the controlled atmosphere remains intact.
• Easy-read vacuum gauge and handle provide at-a-glancemonitoring of vacuum pressure.
• Thermocouple is centered in the sealing rod to ensure fast, accurate readings.
• Digital temperature control produces accuracy you can see.
• Easy-squeeze lever starts the pour quickly and easily.
• Metal introduction door allows quick loading of the crucible.
• Resistance coil surrounds the crucible for maximum heat transfer and fast, effective melting.
• Space-saving, 18" x 18" footprint fits easily into any shop.
• Rugged, durable construction.
• Includes one set of consumables to get you started.
• CE certified; 1-year manufacturer's warranty on machine parts and labor.
Crucible capacity: 780g sterling silver or 1,004g 14K gold
Max. flask capacity: 4" x 9" (102 x 229mm) perforated
Max. temperature: 2,200°F (1,204°C)
Machine weight: 120 lbs. (54kg)
2016-2017 Tools and Equipment Catalog p.592
please note: • IMPORTANT: This item is wired for a 220-volt outlet and is sold with a U.S. plug. Because amperage, outlets and plugs vary widely by location, you may need a different plug. If so, you are responsible for having the appropriate plug or adapter installed by a qualified professional. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper or inadequate re-wiring or adapters procured by customer.
• All items in this kit are made in the USA.
• Your specific destination will determine how your machine must be packaged for shipping.
Este catálogo presenta la línea de Río Grande de los equipos de Neutec para fundición, producción de granalla, y soldadura a láser, así como una amplia variedad de accesorios, suministros y consumibles que le ayudarán a obtener el máximo rendimiento de su máquina de fundición o de su máquina de soldadura a láser.
This catalog presents Rio Grande's line of Neutec equipment for casting, grain making and laser welding as well as the wide range of the accessories, supplies and consumables that help you get the most out of your casting machine or laser welding machine.
As a wholesale supplier to jewelers and other industry professionals, Rio Grande wants to avoid presenting wholesale pricing to retail consumers. In addition, the U.S. Patriot Act requires all suppliers of precious metals to maintain full contact information for all of its customers.
Please be aware that we vigilantly protect your account information—it will never be shared or sold to any third party for any reason, ever.
The benefits of having a dedicated account with us include:
See current pricing on all products based on published daily metal markets.
Access and print your order history and invoices any time you need them.
Create and update a 'wish' list of products you have selected but are not yet ready to purchase.
Manage and update your account information, including contact and payment information, at your convenience.