• An improved color match for your copper designs, this 18-gauge (.040") wire solder contains 93% copper.
• This solder is sold on 1-lb. coils (16.1 ft./ozt).
• Weighs approximately .062 ozt./ft.
• Each 1-lb. coil contains approximately 235 ft. of solder.
2016-2017 Tools and Equipment Catalog p.711
please note: • Solder with confidence; all solder sold by Rio Grande has been cadmium-free since the late sixties, when the health risks of this element became known.
• When ordering solder, be aware that you may receive multiple pieces totaling the weight ordered.
How To Solder More Successfully
These tips can help you solder more successfully and more reliably . . . every time. They are so simple, but it can be too easy to let the little things slip our minds as we work through our processes.
• Use the least amount of solder needed to make a good joint. Do not flood the joint with solder.
• Pieces to be soldered should fit tightly together with no air space in between.
• Make sure the joint and the solder are clean. Prior to soldering, flux all surfaces well to prevent oxidation, which can inhibit solder flow.
As a wholesale supplier to jewelers and other industry professionals, Rio Grande wants to avoid presenting wholesale pricing to retail consumers. In addition, the U.S. Patriot Act requires all suppliers of precious metals to maintain full contact information for all of its customers.
Please be aware that we vigilantly protect your account information—it will never be shared or sold to any third party for any reason, ever.
The benefits of having a dedicated account with us include:
See current pricing on all products based on published daily metal markets.
Access and print your order history and invoices any time you need them.
Create and update a 'wish' list of products you have selected but are not yet ready to purchase.
Manage and update your account information, including contact and payment information, at your convenience.