Wire Metal color:
Yellow Solidus temperature:
1,200°F (650°C) Liquidus temperature:
1,330°F (721°C) Country of origin:
Please choose your quantity below:
This gauge wire comes coiled
(Measurements above are in inches)
The term "conflict diamonds" refers to the diamond rough used to fund violent criminal insurgencies in several African countries.
The Kimberley Accord is a compact that regulates the sale and transfer of diamond rough to prevent the human destruction that conflict
diamonds cause. Rio Grande has long asked our suppliers to provide documentation proving the safe origin of the diamonds we buy.
You can be assured every diamond you buy from Rio Grande is certified “conflict-free” by both our strict standards and the Kimberley Accord.
Our Rio Graduate Gemologists are ready to help you match stones or select a specific quality. Please let them know how they can help you.
• An improved color match for your yellow brass designs, this 20-gauge (.031") wire solder contains approximately 38% silver.
• Solder is sold by the ounce (21.8 ft./ozt); minimum order 0.25 ozt.
• Weighs approximately .046 ozt./ft.
2016-2017 Tools and Equipment Catalog p.714
please note: • Solder with confidence; all solder sold by Rio Grande has been cadmium-free since the late sixties, when the health risks of this element became known.
How To Solder More Successfully
These tips can help you solder more successfully and more reliably . . . every time. They are so simple, but it can be too easy to let the little things slip our minds as we work through our processes.
• Use the least amount of solder needed to make a good joint. Do not flood the joint with solder.
• Pieces to be soldered should fit tightly together with no air space in between.
• Make sure the joint and the solder are clean. Prior to soldering, flux all surfaces well to prevent oxidation, which can inhibit solder flow.
As a wholesale supplier to jewelers and other industry professionals, Rio Grande wants to avoid presenting wholesale pricing to retail consumers. In addition, the U.S. Patriot Act requires all suppliers of precious metals to maintain full contact information for all of its customers.
Please be aware that we vigilantly protect your account information—it will never be shared or sold to any third party for any reason, ever.
The benefits of having a dedicated account with us include:
See current pricing on all products based on published daily metal markets.
Access and print your order history and invoices any time you need them.
Create and update a 'wish' list of products you have selected but are not yet ready to purchase.
Manage and update your account information, including contact and payment information, at your convenience.