Set bezels and prongs with ease! The duplex spring offers added flexibility. A shapeable flat-tipped point is included. A screw-in style diamond pavé, carbide stylus and hammer points for texturing are available separately. Comes with a limited 30-day warranty.
please note: • Duplex springs are not covered by warranty.
• Not intended for speeds over 5,000rpm.
How To Change Your Flex Shaft Handpiece
Changing handpieces is quick and simple; here's how to change a handpiece with no wasted motion and minimum interruption to your work.
To connect, use a light touch on the foot pedal to slowly rotate the flex shaft.
Place your handpiece over the flex shaft and gently press the two together.
When the key tip of the flex shaft aligns with the slotted drive inside the handpiece, you will see the tool-holding mechanism in the handpiece begin to turn.
When that happens, push the handpiece firmly onto the shaft; you will hear a sharp click when the connection is made.
To disconnect a handpiece, allow the flex shaft to come to a complete stop. Pull sharply on the connection and the handpiece will release. This requires a good deal of pressure, so don't be shy; you won't hurt the flex shaft or the handpiece.
How To Select A Handpiece For Your Flex Shaft
Selecting the right handpiece for your flex shaft is as important as choosing the right motor. Find out how to choose the right handpiece based on the tasks you need to perform. Find the description (or descriptions) below that most closely match the work you do to find the ideal handpiece(s) for your flex shaft.
• If you perform general jewelry processes that range from light-duty to heavy-duty, choose the Foredom® 30® handpiece.
• If you perform continuous heavy-duty jobs, choose the Foredom® 25 or 30® handpiece.
• If you perform stone carving, industrial production work, or wood carving, choose the Foredom® 44HT, 44T or 50C handpiece.
• If you perform general jewelry processes with carving applications, choose the Foredom® 44HT, 44T or 50C handpiece (collet style handpieces will provide the widest range of tool adaptability).
• If you perform fine, detailed work, choose the Foredom® 8, 8D, 20, 20D, 28, or 28D handpiece.
• If you perform general jewelry processes with frequent tool changes, choose the Foredom® 10, 10D, 20, 20D, 52, or 52D handpiece.
• If you perform stone-setting, decorative work, texturing and jobs with frequent tool changes, choose the Foredom® 15, 15D, 18, 18D, 20, 20D handpiece.
As a wholesale supplier to jewelers and other industry professionals, Rio Grande wants to avoid presenting wholesale pricing to retail consumers. In addition, the U.S. Patriot Act requires all suppliers of precious metals to maintain full contact information for all of its customers.
Please be aware that we vigilantly protect your account information—it will never be shared or sold to any third party for any reason, ever.
The benefits of having a dedicated account with us include:
See current pricing on all products based on published daily metal markets.
Access and print your order history and invoices any time you need them.
Create and update a 'wish' list of products you have selected but are not yet ready to purchase.
Manage and update your account information, including contact and payment information, at your convenience.