Lead-Filled Rawhide Mallet
Item Number: 112204
Excellent for forming, bending and flattening without marring. Made from the highest grade water buffalo–hide, this mallet is lead-filled for more leverage when striking. Features top-quality construction, using screws rather than nails or staples to secure the rawhide roll. The handle is made from top-grade hickory. Size no.: 7. Head size: 1-1/4" x 2-1/2" (32 x 64mm). Head weight: 8 oz. (240g)
2013 Tools and Equipment Catalog p.121
How To Pick the Right Jewelry Hammer
• Riveting—used for forming metal and for riveting. With one round face and one chiseled face.
• Ball peen—a popular hammer commonly used for shaping and flattening metal and for removing dents. With one round flat face
and one round half-domed face.
• Embossing—also known as repoussé, embossing works the metal from the back to form three-dimensional shapes. With two highdomed round faces.
• Forming—used to move heavy-gauge metal while retaining much of the weight of the original metal. Substantial weight with a slightly
• Raising—for creating a seamless form without thinning the metal. With two rectangular faces.
• Planishing—used for hardening metal and for smoothing the surface of gold, silver, brass, stainless steel and other metals.
• Chasing—a multi-purpose hammer for chasing, chiseling, riveting or peening. With one flat face and one round face.
• Mallet—useful for forming, bending and shaping without scratching or marring surfaces. With soft faces (brass, rawhide, nylon or plastic).